- What are sky lanterns?
Sky lanterns are floating lanterns made from rice paper with a bamboo frame containing a waxy combustible fuel cell.
When the fuel cell is ignited it heats the air inside the sky lantern causing it to rise. The sky lantern is airborne for
approximately 10 - 15 minutes or until the fuel cell is exhausted, after which the lantern floats back to the ground
- Are they safe to use?
Sky lanterns are generally very safe to use, they are a firework, and we recommend that you treat them as such.
We supply full safety and release instructions and if these are followed then you can enjoy the magic of our
- What restrictions apply?
- Sky lanterns are not recommended for use in the rain, they are made from rice paper so are not best suited for rain.
- Sky lanterns should not be released if the wind is too strong, please remember that the sky lantern is made from
rice paper and can be misdirected very easily, recommended maximum wind speed = 10 mph / 17kph.
- How do I use sky lanterns?
Upon arrival, gently remove the sky lantern from the box.
- Holding the cross wires in the centre, spin around to insert air and slightly inflate the lantern.
- With the lantern in the upside down position, see photo, place and attach the supplied fuel cell underneath the cross wires.
- Hold the lantern in the upright position by the four corners, this may take more than one person, and light the fuel cell in a
circular motion from underneath, taking care not to contact the lantern.
- Once the fuel cell is fully alight, still holding the corners, gently lower the lantern almost to the ground. Wait until there is
enough heat created for the lantern to want to rise, this may take a minute or so.
- When the sky lantern begins to rise, take hold of the bamboo frame and the bottom and gently push the lantern skywards.
Stand back and enjoy the magic of SKY LANTERNS.
- Do they harm the environment?
Unlike most fireworks, sky lanterns are very environmentally friendly.
- What guarantee of quality do I get?
All our sky lanterns leave our factory in perfect condition. If there should be a problem caused during delivery
we will replace any damaged lanterns free of charge.
- How long will delivery take?
This will depend on the mode of transport. We delivery our sky lanterns by courier = 5 days, airmail = 10 days,
economy post, up to 30 days and also by sea freight for large amounts, generally 30 days.
- What method of payment do you accept?
We have a secure online payment system where we accept most major credit cards. We will accept payment by Paypal
and also by bank transfer.
- Do you offer any discount?
Because we manufacture our own sky lanterns we can offer fantastic, unbeatable wholesale prices on our complete
range, wholesale starts at just 50 units and the more you buy the more economical it becomes.